Congratulations on being elected as a Wellbeing Rep!
We want to ensure that you are equipped and empowered to raise the student voice and create meaningful and lasting change. We've streamlined our usual 2 hour in-person sessions to a series of online training modules that you can take at your own leisure. As wellbeing reps, this module and the Signposting, Safeguarding and Boundaries modules are compulsory! We'll record your name automatically when you fill the quizzes at the end, and we'll use this to monitor who has completed it.
Rep training for new reps this year includes:
- This online general introduction to your role and the Union.
- Plus a learning module on Effective Representaton and Signposting, Safeguarding and Boundaries
- Once complete you will be assigned to a group to either meet or chat online on the content and to complete a task. This will give you the chance to test and apply learning while networking with Reps across Imperial.
Rep training for returning reps will consist of this online induction only as a refresher. For returning reps and for new Faculty & Department Reps there are learning modules on:
- Chairing & Attending Meetings
- Being a Great Team Leader
- You will also be assigned to a group to either meet or chat online on the content and to complete a task. This will give you the chance to test and apply learning while networking with Reps across Imperial.
This online module covers all the basic need to know information to prepare you for being a Rep:
- Representation at Imperial
- Representation Structures
- Understanding the role of a Wellbeing Rep
- Governance Structure
- The 5 R's of Representation
- What is an SSC/SSLG?
- Decision Tree
- Support for Reps
We advise that you read through these pages before attending your Rep induction where you'll have the chance to meet other Reps and apply learning to scenarios and interactive activities.