Congratulations on being elected as an Academic Rep!
We want to ensure that you are equipped and empowered to raise the student voice and create meaningful and lasting change. So we have created an induction that will do just that!
Rep training for new reps this year includes:
- This online general introduction to your role and the Union.
- Plus a learning module on Effective Representaton.
- Once complete you will be assigned to a group to either meet or chat online on the content and to complete a task. This will give you the chance to test and apply learning while networking with Reps across Imperial.
Rep training for returning reps will consist of this online induction only as a refresher. For returning reps and for new Faculty & Department Reps there are learning modules on:
- Chairing and Attending Meetings
- Being a Great Team Leader
- You will also be assigned to a group to either meet or chat online on the content and to complete a task. This will give you the chance to test and apply learning while networking with Reps across Imperial.
This online module covers all the basic need to know information to prepare you for being a Rep:
- An overview of Imperial College Union
- Representation at Imperial
- Representation Structures
- Governance Structure
- Understanding the role of an Academic Rep
- The 5 R's of Representation
- What is an SSC/SSLG?
- Decision Tree
- Support for Reps