Some of your roles may involve crossing roads and traffic:
- Don't text and cross the road
- Watch out for cyclist
- Look both ways
- Be aware that some drivers may not stop at zebra crossings
Sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming when you start University, there may be a chance that some new students may come to you with a number of serious issues.
If they seem upset, you may want to comfort them, which is fine (see empathy vs sympathy video covered a few weeks ago), but it is not your role to give them any advice, please make sure that you tell them to contact the Union advice centre on email@example.com.
- Ensure that you do not give out any personal information
- Please do not "flirt with" any new or current students while you are volunteering, as it's inappropriate
- If someone makes you feel uncomfortable, please tell a member of staff straight away
- Do not drink alcohol whilst you are volunteering, especially if wearing a volunteer t-shirt