This is mandatory for all CSP activity
This article will show a walkthrough of how to use the Activity Application Form.
Your account is linked to your relevant role account, please ensure you use this when trying to login.
If you have any issues with the process please contact email@example.com.
When you are on the welcome screen, you will see a button that says "Choose Group", pressing this button will direct you to a page where you can select the group you wish to manage activity applications from.
Once you have selected the one you want from the dropdown (if you have more than one), then click the submit button and this will redirect you to your group's dashboard.
Your group's dashboard contains a button "Register New Activity" and this will direct you to the Activity Application Form.
The below points explain the information required in each field of the activity application form:
- Activity Name - A descriptive name for your activity
- Activity Description - The more information you provide at this stage, the lower the chances of us needing to contact you for further information and the lower the chances of your activity being rejected.
- Reason why your activity must occur in-person - Use the information here to support this. If your activity will be sponsored by a College department, please detail this here. Note you do not need to fill this box out if you are running an online activity.
- Activity Dates & Times - Use this field to add the dates and times of your activivitiy or activities (once you have chosen your date & time click the '+' button and it will be added to the list. If you wish to remove a date & time please highlight it and press the 'bin' button).
- Where? - Tell us where you will be doing your activity. Note there is an online option.
Please allow a couple of days between each approval stage and be mindful of this when planning activities.
Staff approving your activity may change your "Where?" field to online, but this will be stated in the notes section of your approval email, if this is the case then you must move your activity online.
The initial authorisation tab has 3 sub-tabs associated with it which you will find information about below:
- Awaiting Authorisation - All the applications that are awaiting a decision from staff to be made. You can "delete" your application if you change your mind on wanting to run your activity or want to submit a different version.
- Rejected - Aall applications that have been rejected, it will show on each activity application the reason for rejection. The decision made is final.
- Approved - All applications that have been successful (including any that have been approved at further stages in the process).
The risk assessment tab has 4 sub-tabs associated with it which you will find information about below:
- Awaiting Upload - This shows all applications that are awaiting a risk assessment to be uploaded and allows you to download the risk assessment template which you can find here. Once you click the "Upload Risk Assessment" button it will launch a pop-up for you to submit an application. Please forward any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Awaiting Authorisation - This shows all applications that have had a risk assessment uploaded. It also allows you to view your risk assessment (will open in a seperate browser tab) and delete your risk assessment. If you delete your risk assessment, it will move your application back a stage to "Awaiting Upload" and allow you to resubmit a new risk assessment.
- Rejected - This tab shows all rejected risk assessments. You may see a "New Risk Assessment" button which will allow you to re-upload a revised version of your risk assessment, and the reasons for you to revise your risk assessment will be provided in the reason for rejection on that page.
- Approved - This tab shows all activities that have had risk assessment approved.
The final decision is a process where we check everything we have (from room bookings, to having the relevant College department sign off your activity) is all in order. If your activity is fully approved (and only when it is fully approved) will your activity be allowed to go ahead.
The final decision tab has 3 sub-tabs associated with it which you will find information about below:
- Awaiting Final Sign Off - This tab shows all applications awaiting their final sign off
- Rejected - This tab shows all activities that have been rejected. The rejection reason will state why it has been rejected, but if you have any more questions about why it has been rejected please contact email@example.com.
- Fully Approved - This tab shows all activities that have been fully approved.
From Monday 2nd November 2020, you will no longer be required to send your attendee list 48 hours in advance of the event. You will now need to:
- Collect your attendee list before or on the day of the in-person activity. This can be done through sign ups/ticket sales or an attendance register.
- File all attendee lists in your CSP’s data system.
IF a Covid-19 Outbreak happens, the Union will request your attendee lists so we can support you in contacting potential close cases. If you cannot provide attendee lists when a report has been made, your CSP will receive a strike, so please make sure you are keeping your attendee lists for three weeks (from the date of the last event).
Please note: Attendee lists should not be kept for longer than three weeks in your own data system.
Make sure that all recurring events are logged in the intial Registration of any New Activity.
This is compulsory for all online & in-person events.
To save you repeating paperwork we are encouraging groups to plan activities in advance, and if the event or similar will re-occur, create a single actvity registration that encompasses all recurring events in a series.
Any risk assessment that has already been approved by Move Imperial and the Union will just need copying into the new format and uploading as per the guidance on the previous page. This is to comply with requirements from college.