What is a Constituent Union?
Every student at Imperial is automatically a member of a Constituent Union, depending on their area of study. Involving yourself within yourCOnstituent Union allows you to meet other students in the same faculty and course area as you, and work to tackle issues that affect you as a group.
The six Constituent Unions are:
- City & Guilds College Union (CGCU)
- Graduate Students Union (GSU)
- Imperial College School of Medicine Students' Union (ICSMSU)
- Royal College of Science Union (RCSU)
- Royal School of Mines Union (RSMU)
- Silwood Park Students' Union
All Constituent Unions also have a committee, which is elected in by the members of that CU. Each CU is lead by a President, who oversees the organisation for that academic year. Supporting them is a team of Vice Presidents and Officers, known as the 'CU Exec'. These students support areas such as Representation, Events and Activites, Publicity and Finances.
Find out more about each Constituent Union here