Extra requirements that can be placed on events before they are approved include:
- A publicity plan.
- A Gantt Chart which shows the timeline of the key processes and which demonstrates at what point it is still possible to abort without losing money.
- Regularly scheduled meetings with staff and officers to monitor and record progress.
- A risk assessment.
- The need to collaborate on the event with an internal or external organisation.
- Securing income before any expenditure is committed.
- A realistic plan for how the maximum projected loss could be covered.
- Extra insurance cover.
- Cash handling procedures which may include a requirement to only sell tickets online.
Clubs may be asked to reduce their expenditure or increase their income through methods including:
Note: The legislation regarding claiming back VAT for Tour expenditure has now changed. Please refer to the VAT Training for more information.