When it comes to actually using a space on a College campus on the day of an event there are a number of considerations. Above all be considerate to other building users.
You should report any issues the you find or occur in your booking immediately to the Student Activities Team. Failure to take due care can result in removal of your room booking rights and/or existing bookings, to formal College disciplinary procedures being taken against you.
This list includes most of the things expected of you but is not an exhaustive list:
- Return the space to its neutral state. This will usually be the state in which it was found.
- Take a picture with a camera or mobile phone of the room when you are finished. This means that if the Department request evidence that you tidied up we can provide it and which will defend you from additional cleaning charges. This photo must be kept for a minimum of 21 days and can be requested at any time up to this point.
- Have a copy of your confirmation email in case a Building Manager, Security Officer or Conferences employee need to verify your use of the space.
- Leave the space promptly at the end of your booking and by 10.45 PM at the latest, you must have vacated the building by 11.00 PM. This prevents unnecessary work for College Security and ensures you aren’t locked in for the night.
- Ensure room capacities are not exceeded. Counters are part of the marshalling packs and must be used where the capacity may exceed 100 people. Your event will be stopped if the room capacity is exceeded. If you are in doubt about your room capacity please check it in Appendix Two of this document.
- Be respectful regarding noise levels including whilst people are arriving and departing from your event. Other students and staff are often still working well past 18:00, so consider their needs as well as yours.
- Do not serve food or alcohol without first informing the Union via the room request system (see section on Requesting Spaces to Use). Include in your booking if you intend to provide food or alcohol, and how it will be sourced. See the section in Food & Drink for more details.
- If the space you have booked is found in an unacceptable condition or if equipment is broken report it as soon as possible to the Oportunities and Development Team. Please take photos as evidence. If your space is unusable for your event contact College Security on internal 4444 and external 020 7589 1000 and request an emergency replacement space explaining the nature of the space you require and the cause. Once they have consented follow their instructions.
Misuse of Space Policy
If a room is reported to not be fit for use or has been left in an unacceptable state, then the user with the previous booking will be contacted and issued a “strike”. After the exhaustion of three strikes being issued, any further strikes will result in but, not limited to, cancellations of further room bookings and the removal of room booking privileges. The Deputy President Clubs and Societies will have final say on summary punishments for the club in cases of repeat offending.