In order to submit a room booking for a one off event, you will need to provide the following details:
- Activity Description - This should be the same as activity title listed in your activity registration to prevent delays.
- Actvitiy Type and Expected Attendees - With this information we can ensure you're booking the appropriate space.
- Building/Room Preference 1 - This is your first preference of room. Please note, if multiple rooms are required, multiple requests will be required.
- Building/Room Preference 2 - Please specify your second preference of room.
- SDT - Start date and time of your booking
- EDT - End date and time of your booking
- If external speakers will be attending. If so, see our training.
When you have submitted a request for a space you will receive an email receipt including a room booking ID, this ID should be quoted in all future correspondence about the specific request to avoid confusion.
Never use a space before you receive a final confirmation that you have been authorised to use it from the Student Oportunities and Development team. If you do so, you may jeopardize your ability to book spaces in the future.
If you require a room booking on a regular basis, please see our guidance for recurring bookings.
All Ad-Hoc Room Bookings are cross referenced against your activity registration submissions. If your activity is not yet fully approved, your room booking will be rejected.
When submitting Room Booking Requests while in a time zone different to the UK, please note the request should be submitted with the difference in mind.
For example, for a Room Booking Request for 12:00 until 17:00 (GMT), if the booker is in Madrid (GMT+1) the request should be for 13:00 until 18:00.
Completion of the Requesting Spaces and Key Information quizzes are compulsory for anyone booking spaces.
To make an ad-hoc room booking request, please use our Room Booking App.
Ensure you log in to the system using your CSP email account, ending with the short code ic.ac.uk not imperial.ac.uk
Requests must be made a minimum of two weeks before the intended use.
Spaces not avalible through the App
Almost all spaces which can be booked by student groups throughout the College can be booked via the online request system mentioned above.
However, the following spaces in the Sherfield Building are out of the scope of the system:
- Great Hall
- Queens Tower Rooms
- Senior Common Room
- Seminar and Learning Centre
- Sherfield Concourse levels
These are controlled by the College’s Conference & Events Team.
In addition to Sports Facilities which are controlled by Move Imperial.
Do you need help?
Management Group Committee/ Constituent Union Commitee: Your MG Chair/CU Committee is trained to help you with this topic. Please find your relevant contact here
Union Email Contact: email@example.com
Contact: Student Activities Coordinator - Resoruces & Operations