Performance Rights

Legally, any Union or College group must have permission to perform any materials which are subject to copyright constraints. This area can include, but is not limited to, music, video, plays, and operas. This includes films on DVD which are shown in lecture theatres.

It is absolutely imperative that the performance rights are clarified and obtained before any other form of planning or organising is started. Performing materials without the correct rights in place can lead to legal action being brought against the Union or the College.

In some cases performance rights can be secured for nothing, in other instances a charge may be levied, which may be related to audience size. It is advisable to obtain these costs in writing from the copyright owner in advance and factor them into your event budget. For more details contact the Student Activities Manager.

Do you need help?

Management Group Committee/ Constituent Union Commitee: Your MG Chair/CU Committee is trained to help you with this topic. Please find your relevant contact here

Union Email Contact: 

Contact: Student Opportunities and Development Manager

121 Session: Available for this topic, book here

Loading, please wait  

Report a problem